One of the things I love most about being a real estate agent is we get to meet so many new and interesting people. In our line of work, we are meeting new people every day–other agents, new clients, and vendors we get to work with like lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, title companies, etc.
The people we get to work with every day are one of the things that makes being a real estate agent the best job in the world. Plus, we get to know them on such a personal level. When else do you know someone’s hopes, dreams and income in under an hour (the result of our buyer initial consultations).
Nowadays, I also get to meet agents from all over the country and get a behind-the-scenes look inside their businesses. These are my favorite conversations to have.
I love seeing the different philosophies and approaches agents have and how they apply them to their real estate businesses. And, that’s what makes running a real estate business the best business to have in the world–we each have the power to create the life and business we want for ourselves.
I recently had one of these conversations with TJ McGraw a very humble yet highly successful real estate agent in the Atlanta, GA area. We have completely different approaches to running a real estate business, but one thing we both feel very strongly about is that having a clean MINDSET is the path to building wealth in real estate.
Listen in to our conversation here:
Here are just a few things we cover:
- Details I’ve never shared before about what happened when I first become a real estate agent;
- The pivotal moment that changed everything in my business;
- The ONE question you have to answer in your business to become a magnet for clients;
- What to say to yourself when you want to quit and how failure can turn into your greatest strength;
- The 5 phases every real estate business has, even if you don’t realize it;
- How to build a SCALABLE business and spend LESS time trying to get clients;
- The two most important skills that create a successful business;
- Why CONSISTENCY is not enough to build a following and the missing ingredient you need too;
- The two “personalities” we all have and how to use both of them to get the results you want in your life;
- and SO much more!
I’ve never been so open in an interview. That’s that sign of a great interviewer–thanks TJ!
In Part 2, we turn the table and learn more about TJ’s business. He’s a relatively new agent making big things happen. You can listen to that episode here.
To your success,
P.S. Never want to miss an episode of the podcast? You can join The Agent Grad School Inner Circle here. That’s where I share every podcast episode when it comes out, plus free trainings and personal stories I don’t share anywhere else.
Agent Grad School is the best online business school for modern real estate agents. We teach a proven system to have a successful real estate career using smart, unconventional strategies and modern marketing methods to attract clients.
about your instructor
Hi, I'm Jennifer!
I'm a real estate agent, creator of Agent Grad School and host of the podcast Confessions of A Top Producing Real Estate Agent. I teach real estate agents the exact steps I used to become one of the top 1% of agents in the US using online marketing and modern, out-of-the-box business strategies.
Never miss an episode
Want to know when new podcast episodes are released so you can stay on top of your game and implement the latest strategies that work in today's fast-paced market?